Monday, April 11, 2011

Reese Witherspoon Has Elephants On The Brain


Oscar winning, apple-pie cheeked, sparkly eyed newlywed Reese Witherspoon is out there promoting her up-coming film "Water For Elephants" (release date April 22, 2011) which means she's going to be doing a whole lot of publicity work with an Elephantine theme in the next few weeks. Take this photo shoot for the May 2011 issue of Vogue magazine for instance. How often do you suppose they work a circus elephant into one of their fashion shoots? We mean other than when they feature... no, no, stop it! We're not going to make a "fat" joke about any supermodels out there, they're all of them skinnier than birds.


Anyways, Reese of course looks amazing and she also opens up to the magazine about a few things.

On choosing her new hubby Jim Toth:

She reveals she knew she had found the right man after receiving the seal of approval from some tough critics - her mother and group of fellow Southern women. She recalled: "It’s so cute: Over the holidays I was at a department store in L.A. with my friends, and these three women from Oklahoma came up to me, and they said - Reese. We are so happy for yeeew. We liiike this guy for yeeew."


On raising her kids Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7, from her first marriage to Ryan Phillippe:

"[Ava] is on the precipice of having her love affairs and her life. She is curious and artistic and very smart. She really surprises me. I thought you make little people in your image. But they are just nothing like me or their father. They are their own individuals. I know it's corny, but being a parent to me is such a great privilege; that I get to chaperone these beautiful little souls through life. They astound me with their knowledge and their humour."